Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Georgia on My Mind

One of my favorite statues in my brother's yard.
My number one favorite is the one of E.T.


I love my brother. He is a hard working man with 3 rambunctious kids: Sebastian, AJ, and they finally got their baby girl Isabelle, who just reached 8 months old.

Sebastian is a very handsome, well-behaved 6-year old who stumbles on pronouncing his Ls and Rs. Richie took Sebastian to the bathroom, and as Richie was assisting with Sebastian's belt, Sebastian looked at his Uncle Richie and said "You bedder huwwy." I couldn't help it - I laughed out loud! It's a wonder how he makes it in the bowl because he doesn't look or aim - and the pressure is like a firehose!


We spent the morning near the stream behind the house teaching Sebastian how to put a leaf in the water and watch it float downriver. Later, we discovered a frog lounging in the pool. We think the frog died of shock, but we haven't been able to find the frog to prove it. You see, Sebastian took the frog and placed it in the rushing stream, just like the leaf before. He also put the frog down the pool's slide. Not once, but twice.


Sebastian is just like his daddy in looks and his love for peanut butter. I'm certain he would swim in it if you let him.

We played tic-tac-toe for almost an hour with Sebastian. He learned how to "block" and he is a good sport when it comes to losing a game once in a while.

AJ is 4-years old and the kid is just cute. I could stare at his button nose all day. And he has those mischievous eyes to match the sly grin. He looks like Jaime - and gets away with everything. Oh yeah... he loves to instigate. We didn't spend much time with him separately... we didn't think it was a good idea to keep him out of school.



AJ admires his older brother and mimics him often. Sebastian's homework was to write the letter "Y" - and AJ was right alongside him at the kitchen table practicing his writing. Both boys can hum the tunes to Indiana Jones and Star Wars. I'm sure Isabelle isn't too far behind in the learning the tunes.

The Robichaux household is always in motion. The kids are great and the center of the world. I know my brother and Jaime wouldn't have it any other way. We'll miss them tremendously.


No comments: